Preservation Austin offers small matching grants of up to $5,000 in three categories: Education, Bricks and Mortar, and Planning/Historic Resource Survey/Local Historic Designation. Nonprofit organizations, neighborhood organizations, public entities, and owners of individual or proposed landmarks may apply. This program gets to the heart of our mission to promote Austin’s diverse cultural heritage through the preservation of historic places. By providing small but impactful funding to important projects citywide, Preservation Austin can affect real change in the preservation and interpretation of the historic places that mean the most to our community.
Grants will be offered on a quarterly basis. Applications are due September 15, December 15, March 15, and June 15. Applicants may be asked to give a short presentation to our Grants Committee after submission.
Contact Executive Director Kate Singleton at 512.474.5198 ext. 7728 for questions. Completed applications should be submitted as a Microsoft Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org. All "Before" and "After" photographs should be submitted as individual JPEGs.
Download the grant application HERE.
- Waller Creek Conservancy: Hardeman House Entrance Restoration at Symphony Square
- Old Austin Neighborhood Association: Historic Resource Survey
- The Foundation for the Preservation of Historic Millett’s Opera House, Inc.: Most Expensive Mistakes Historic Building and Places Leadership Make, You Can Easily Avoid
- Boggy Creek Farm: Window Restoration
- The Foundation for the Preservation of Historic Millett’s Opera House, Inc.: Restoration of Exterior Wooden Features
- Clarksville Community Development Corporation: National Register Historic District Street-Sign Toppers
- Holy Cross Neighborhood Association: Holy Cross Local Historic District
- Mayfield Park/Community Project: Rose Garden Stonework Repair
- Paramount Theatre: Roof Tile Restoration
- Austin Community Foundation: Travis Heights-Fairview Park Historic District
- Austin Theatre Alliance: Repair of Paramount Theatre Balconies, Awnings, and Marquee
- Living Springs, An Interactive Documentary About Barton Springs
- Norwood Park Foundation: Schematic and Civil Engineering Plans for Historic Grounds
- Terrace Park and Smoot Subdivisions Local Historic District
- Hyde Park Neighborhood Association: Local Historic District Street-Sign Toppers
- Six Square, Austin's Black Cultural District: The Homecoming Symposium on African American Cemeteries