Preservation Austin offers small matching grants of up to $5,000 in three categories: Education, Bricks and Mortar, and Planning/Historic Resource Survey/Local Historic Designation. Nonprofit organizations, neighborhood organizations, public entities, and owners of individual or proposed landmarks may apply. This program gets to the heart of our mission to promote Austin’s diverse cultural heritage through the preservation of historic places. By providing small but impactful funding to important projects citywide, Preservation Austin can affect real change in the preservation and interpretation of the historic places that mean the most to our community.
Grants will be offered on a quarterly basis. Applications are due September 15, December 15, March 15, and June 15. Applicants may be asked to give a short presentation to our Grants Committee after submission.
Contact Executive Director Kate Singleton at 512.474.5198 ext. 7728 for questions. Completed applications should be submitted as a Microsoft Word document to email@example.com.
Download the grant application HERE.
- Austin Theatre Alliance: Repair of Paramount Theatre Balconies, Awnings, and Marquee
- Living Springs, An Interactive Documentary About Barton Springs
- Norwood Park Foundation: Schematic and Civil Engineering Plans for Historic Grounds
- Hyde Park Neighborhood Association: Local Historic District Street-Sign Toppers
- Six Square, Austin's Black Cultural District: The Homecoming Symposium on African American Cemeteries