Help Us Save the Good Stuff!
Preservation Austin is launching our 2015 Membership Drive! Join or renew by September 1 and be entered into drawings to win gift cards and ticket packages to some of Austin's most beloved locally-owned restaurants and venues:
- Join at the $50 Contributor level for a chance to win a $25 gift card to Cenote.
- Join at the $75 Household level for a chance to win a $50 gift card to Hillside Farmacy; a Pioneer Farms Wild West Family pass good for a year; OR a pair of tickets and $10 gift card to The North Door.
- Join at the $100 Advocate level for a chance to win a $75 gift card to Uchi; a Pioneer Farms Wild West Family pass good for a year; OR a pair of tickets and $10 gift card to The North Door.
- Join at the $250 Friend level for a chance to win a $100 gift card to Jeffrey's; a Pioneer Farms Wild West Family pass good for a year; OR a pair of tickets and $10 gift card to The North Door.
Austin's rapid growth makes Preservation Austin's mission to promote our diverse cultural heritage through the preservation of historic places more important now than ever. By joining or renewing your membership today, you’ll ensure that we’ll continue to tirelessly advocate for our shared heritage. From our hundreds of volunteers, to our Education and Preservation Committees, to our Board and staff, we’re working to protect the buildings and places that make our city so unique.
Your membership will support our efforts to:
• PRESERVE the character of Austin’s historic neighborhoods and commercial corridors by helping communities develop local historic districts, as well as advocating for improving the city’s preservation policies.
• ADVOCATE for threatened buildings and neighborhoods by making sure that preservation priorities are integrated into the revised Code Next Land Development Code and Austin’s new 10-1 City Council.
• EDUCATE the community through high-quality, low-cost programming including our Greening Your Vintage Home workshops, children’s History Hunt, Preservation Speaker Night, Historic Tax Credit Workshop and self-guided Historic Austin Tour apps.
• CELEBRATE our heritage, as well as successful preservation efforts, through our annual Historic Homes Tour and Preservation Merit Awards.
CLICK HERE TO JOIN PRESERVATION AUSTIN today!
Since 1953 our advocacy has preserved such treasures as the Driskill Hotel, Paramount Theatre, and Laguna Gloria. Over the past year alone we succeeded in saving 3805 Red River; successfully advocated for improving the new Texas Historic Preservation Tax Credit; and worked to increase funding for the city’s Historic Preservation Office for additional staff and the launch of the first citywide historic resources survey since 1984.
There is still much work to be done, from supporting our local preservation program to keeping in front of recent threats to historic East Austin and the Red River Cultural District. This is a community effort and your financial support is crucial to our continued success.
Thank you for supporting us in “Saving the Good Stuff,”and please spread the word! Use #ISavetheGoodStuff on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and tell everyone why you support Preservation Austin.